When creating interactive activities in programs such as Boardmaker with Speaking Dynamically Pro, PowerPoint, and Classroom Suite, including sounds can:
- capture student interest
- provide access to the content for students with visual impairments
- support the meaning of text
- embed feedback for correct answers
- provide opportunities for communication (e.g. commenting and directing actions)
SoundBible.com is an excellent source for free sound files. Continue reading to find out how to use SoundBible.com files in your lessons.
For this example, I am making a page in an adapted book about reading maps.I want the students to select the picture of the lion and hear the sound of a lion’s roar.
I have created a button around the lion and am going to set the button actions (double click the button to see the window below) to Play Recorded Message.
Downloading a sound file:
- Go to www.SoundBible.com
- Type your search term in the search bar
3. Listen to the sounds and select the file you want to use
4. Select the WAV file (Boardmaker does not accept MP3 files)
5. Select Save File (this many automatically save to your Downloads file)
6. I copy and paste the file into a folder designated to store sound files
The sound file is ready to be added to your interactive activity!