In the spirt of Thanksgiving, here are the top five AT products we are thankful for!
- Language Based AAC Systems – Of course those made it to the top of the list! We are so grateful to see our students using devices like the Accent 1000 with Unity 84 Sequenced, Spanish Unity, or CoreScanner; the iPad with the LAMP WFL app; and the Tobii I Series.
- TAP-it – We first saw the TAP-it at Closing the Gap in 2014 and have been thankful ever since! It’s an adjustable touch accessible learning platform that differentiates between unintentional and intentional touch! Because it is adjustable (height and angle), has a military grade screen, and is on wheels; it has been an amazing asset at our school. It allows students with severe physical disabilities to access a touchscreen they would otherwise be unable to reach!
3. Classroom Suite – A great way to make switch accessible activities for your students. We have had a great time making and using switch accessible books! We’re also thankful for this alternative pencil for our students with severe motor issues.
4. Loc-Line – We love this budget-friendly way to mount our AAC systems and switches!
5. Boardmaker with Speaking Dynamically Pro – What SLP isn’t thankful for Boardmaker?! It’s the go-to for making print based materials with picture supports and with Speaking Dynamically Pro you can make awesome interactive materials!
What AT products are you thankful for?
*Thanks to Whimsy Workshop Teaching for their Thanksgiving ClipArt!*